S5 Agency World
Ships Agent Hamburg - Hamburg
|Active since||21-03-2017||Job category||Maritime|
|Educational level||Vocational / Diploma / As...||Employment type||Permanent contract|
|Hours||38 - 0||Salary||N.O.T.K.|
At S5, we don’t expect our customers to settle for second-best and you shouldn’t either. Like you, we have great ambitions: to become the world’s leading shipping agency service. Challenging for sure, and hard work but also interesting, dynamic, satisfying and definitely fun. Always with our corporate values as a solid foundation, of course.
Our no-nonsense approach is to-the-point and clear, hands-on and can-do. From communicating with worldwide customers to having a nest of poisonous spiders removed from a shipment - never a dull moment! Fortunately, you always have your colleagues to fall back on who are dedicated professionals like yourself. Independent team players who together want to make a difference to our customers and help improve our shipping industry.
Everything at S5 is new and we are open to any innovation or change which might benefit our customers. If you see a new opportunity, we will encourage you to seize it. We will also encourage you to grow along with us, with plenty of career opportunities and a strong focus on professional training.
From day one, you are an integral part of our team, both inside and outside the office. More than anything we need team spirit to realize our international ambitions. In a dynamic world, we aim to grow fast. To become the best because only the best will do!
Expecting the unexpected?
S5, based in Hamburg, is expanding their business. For this reason we are looking for a:
As a Ships Agent you are responsible for properly and accurately executing all activities for the ships in the port of Hamburg. You will be working both in the office and on board of the vessels, with emphasis on visiting ships arriving and departing. There is a good combination of work in the office and going out.
- Ensure that the ships are cleared, regardless of time or place;
- Be a focal point for the principal;
- Operational and financial tasks plus drawing proformas serving agencies;
- Visiting ships during stay in port;
- Preparation of documentation (e.g. Bills of Lading), check received bills on accuracy and forward to the administration for further processing and payment;
- Correspondence to agencies plus necessary documentation;
- Contact with customs, stevedores, ship suppliers, repairers, cargo interests and various port authorities, etc.
This position is for our Captains Room in Hamburg and part of our Captain Rooms in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Flushing, Maasvlakte and Antwerp.
No 9-to-5 mentality
Willing to work irregularly
Meets our core values: Service, Innovation, Integrity and No-nonsense
- Mid-level training completed, preferably shipping-related;
- Nautical background and affinity with shipping;
- Communicative skills in the German and English language (spoken and written);
- In possession of a driving license and living in the area of Hamburg.
S5 offers you an exciting job in a growing international and highly professional environment.
Salary and other benefits
Personal development plan and opportunities to education
Contribution to retirement fund and health insurance etc.
Yes, I want this job:
We invite you to apply! Please let u know why you’d like to work for S5 and why you think you are suitable for this vacancy. If you have questions about this vacancy, please feel free to contact our Human Resource Department +31(0)10-506 2000.
|Industry / Industries||
Logistics & Supply Chain
|Keywords||Shipping, Ships Agent, Boarding Clerk, Logistics, Hamburg, Operations, Operator, S5 North Europe, Contact Leonore Verweij, Shipping Agency|